One of the first chords many guitarists will learn is G# major, but the G sharp major is simply as important. Here are a couple of positions and songs to guide you as you practice the G chord on the guitar.
4th-Fret G Sharp Chord
- Use your 1st finger to barre off all strings across the fourth fret.
- Placing your 2nd finger on the fifth fret, string 3 (G).
- Next, move your 3rd and fourth fingers to the 6th fret. Finger 3 goes to string 5 (A), four to string 4 (D).
- Strum all six strings.
Remember that the further up (toward the bridge) you progress on the guitar neck, the upper the pitch.
8th-Fret G Sharp Chord
This way to strike the G# chord uses three fingers.
- Put your 1st and 2nd fingers on the eighth fret. Finger 1 goes on string 3 (G) and the finger two goes on string 1 (E).
- Press your 3rd finger to the ninth fret, string 2 (B).
- Keep strings six to four (low E to D) silent, and strum the remainder.
You can also add some more notes to the present by pressing down the fourth string on the 10th fret and therefore the fifth string on the 11th fret.
11th-Fret G Sharp Chord
Want to supply a G# at a good higher pitch? do this method.
- Put your 1st finger on the eleventh fret. Barre down Strings 1 to five (E to A).
- Move your 2nd, 3rd, and fourth finger to the 13th fret.
- Match the 2nd finger to string 4 (D), third to string 3 (G), fourth to string 2 (B).
- Strum strings five to 1 (A to E).
Most of the essential guitar chords are made from Three notes. The G chord, includes G# (the root), B# (the third), and D sharp (the fifth).
Contrast that with a typical G sharp chord, which uses G, B, and D. On the flipside, G sharp minor (or G#m) consists of G sharp, B, and D sharp.
In music theory, you’ll often see people call the G sharp chord an Ab (A flat major) instead. These chords are enharmonic, meaning they’re equivalent chords. Whether a specific song asks for Ab or G sharp, you’ll use the subsequent chords!
Songs In Key Of G Sharp Major
- Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana.
- American Idiot by Green Day.
- Viva La Vida by Coldplay.
- Somebody to Love by Queen.
- Stain’ Alive by The Bee Gees.
See more post
5 Excellence ways to Play Barre Chords on Guitar
The Correct 4 Ways to play Gb Guitar Chord
Learn How To Play C Major Scale Guitar Chord
Easy Way To Play F# Minor Chord on Guitar 2021
Best Ways to Play Ab Chord on Guitar | 2021
Go to this site to choose your favorite guitar, this site has the best guitar