A “Little Martin” Goes A Long Way
Adding to their compact and affordable, yet highly playable “Little Martin” Travel series, the new LX1E features the same great-sounding hand-rubbed solid Sitka Spruce top you would find on the top-of-the-line Martins, Mahogany Pattern HPL textured finish back and sides, and Richlite fingerboard. The LX1E also features the addition of a Fishman Sonitone pickup.
Martin LX1E Features:
- Comes with a solid Sitka Spruce top.
- Modified 1 Style top bracing pattern.
- Comes with inlaid Boltaron rosette wood/ red fiber.
- Comes with Mahogany pattern HPL textured finish back & sides.
- Comes with a Mahogany pattern HPL headplate.
- Comes with a modified low oval neck shape.
- Tenon/Mortise neck joint.
- The Nut Material is made with White Corian.
- Comes with Richlite fingerboard.
- Comes with a 23” scale length.
- Comes with a total of 20 frets.
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/16”
- Comes with a finished top.
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 11/16”
- Comes with Solid Morado bridge material.
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh Nickel w/ Small Knobs.
- Comes with Compensated White Tusq saddle.
- Bridge and End Pins: White w/ black dots.
- Interior Label: Gold foil label with Patent and Serial.
- Comes with Fishman Sonitone pickup electronics.
This is certainly not one of Martin’s top offerings as those are going to be priced at thousands of dollars. If you are wondering if it plays well I would guess yes. I wouldn’t know for sure as I would never pick it up in fear of dropping it.
The LX1E has a solid spruce top with a Mahogany back and sides. This will help keep the price below the $500 mark but also add a more rugged quality to the guitar. As previously mentioned this guitar is good for traveling and certainly campfires.